Canada has been rated eighth in terms of gambling, and we have seen service providers step up to make it even easier for players to gamble. The evolution of the industry into mobile gaming has been a game-changer that is credited for the increased number of gamblers. It's now much easier to find a PayPal casino in Canada since players can use this e-wallet to deposit into their accounts.
Top Recommended PayPal Casinos
||C$1600||Votes 2 Review||
||€140||Votes 1 Review||
||C$1000||Votes 3 Review||
||C$750||Votes 4 Review||
||€500||Votes 5 Review||
||$100 + 50 FS||Votes 1 Review||
||C$500||Votes 1 Review||
- How to Deposit Money to a Casino Account via PayPal?
- PayPals Policy Regarding Online Casinos in Canada
- Alternative Online Payment Methods
- Top 3 Recommended Casinos with PayPal Deposits
- Play Online PayPal Casinos for Real Money
- Mobile Casinos that Accept PayPal
- The Benefits of Using PayPal
- Avoid PayPal Online Casinos from our Blacklist
- FAQs on PayPal Casinos
PayPal: What is it?
PayPal's journey started in 1998, and back then it was known as Confinity. It was started to replace the use of paper money – checks and money orders – and since then, it has been one of the largest e-wallets in the world. In countries where it operates, this platform is used by merchants to make payments at a fee. You can deposit into an account via the internet and get paid likewise, which is why we now have a section of PayPal casinos Canada.
Before becoming a stand-alone company, PayPal was first a wholly-owned subsidiary of eBay. It was then spun off to become the stand-alone it is today, and in the 2019 Fortune 500, this company ranked 204th in the US based on revenue. It now has a global reach since it is available in over 200 countries/regions. The terms and conditions, as well as services, differ from one country/region to the next. Good as it is, this service is not available to all the countries in the world. Sometimes entire regions have been banned from using it either on the basis of perceived terrorist activities or fraud.
In countries where PayPal operates, it is hailed for its efficiency and ease of use. Users just need to have an active email address and internet to access these services. They will be required to provide official information such as a government-issued ID or driving license, and they can also link the account to a bank account. In this review, we will look at PayPal casino sites in Canada and how you can go about funding your account through this payment platform.
How to Deposit Money to a Casino Account via PayPal?
Before you even check out a PayPal casino list, it would be best to open a PayPal account. It is easy to open as you just need to go to the main site – paypal.com – then register an account. You will be asked to give some details such as your email address, a scan of an official document of identification, and your mobile number. You will be prompted to link an active bank account optionally, but issuing an account number is mandatory. The bank account link makes it easy to process withdrawals through this method. Once this is done, the company will take some time to verify the details given then get back to you in 24 hours.
Once the account is active, you can now lookout for online casinos that accept PayPal and open an account. To deposit at a PayPal online casino, go to the cashier's and check this payment option. A pop-up window will allow you to go back to PayPal and make the transfer. You will then be notified that your cash is in the casino PayPal account, so you can start playing immediately if you wish.
You have several options for topping up your PayPal account. You could make a bank transfer from the linked account, transfer from another e-wallet, or receive funds from a PayPal user. Deposits from e-wallets are instant, but it may take a while to get the credit from a bank account.
PayPal's Policy Regarding Online Casinos in Canada
The Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act that was enforced in 2006 marked some issues that led the authorities to crack down on payment options. This US Act made it a little confusing for nations like Canada to keep using PayPal as a payment method. Though gambling in Canada is illegal, the government doesn't crack down on licensed offshore sites. While technically casinos in the country do not accept this payment option, it is still used with loopholes like using it alongside Coinbase.
Since it is quite hard to make an online casino PayPal deposit, we found alternatives to online casinos PayPal. With these, you do not have to look for workarounds since they are accepted on the Canadian market.
Alternative Online Payment Methods
While PayPal casinos online would be a great deal, they are not available to players in Canada since the e-wallet restricts this service. That is not to say there are no alternatives for the best PayPal casino. several other e-wallets exist to make it much easier for players to fund their accounts and withdraw money without having to hide their IP addresses.
These payment options are similar to PayPal in that they are easy to use, can be opened with only an email address and a few personal details, and are faster than using a bank account. So, here are alternatives to PayPal casinos in Canada.
- Skrill. If you need a good alternative to PayPal casino deposit, then this is it. Skrill has fewer country restrictions, and there is uniformity in the way the services are provided. What you find in one is the same you will find in another jurisdiction. One other thing you may easily overlook is the flexibility that makes it possible to make deposits with Skrill to Bitcoin casinos that are growing rapidly lately.
- PaySafeCard. Not everyone is able to tame their gambling need, and so this prepaid card is the best option when you know you might overspend. With this card, you do now have to use your bank details or any official card as it is available in various amounts. You buy the card, then enter the required 16-digit PIN, and voila! The account is credited instantly. Since the top-up amount is predetermined, you won't have to worry about overspending. Please note that this is a deposit-only method
- Interac. Canadians have been using this payment platform for years, and they have made it a favorite. Interac is easy as you only need to load your account through your bank then make the transfer quite easily. You can either use the e-transfer option to make a transaction through the internet or draw the money straight from the bank to pay through your Interac MasterCard. This method is an easy alternative to a PayPal casino online.
- Neteller. Why is Neteller a good alternative for an online casino that accepts PayPal? Because having been on the market for 22 years, it is tried and tested for security and trustworthiness. It is available in 15 languages, and the restrictions for countries that want to use it as a means of money transfer are fewer. Having been founded in Canada, you can trust the Canadian dollar to be one of the currencies used at the site, English and French are also two of the languages it is available in to cater to the local audience.
Top 3 Recommended Casinos with PayPal Deposits
We rank casinos based on their game selection, licenses, eCOGRA recognition, and sometimes we look at the legit user reviews left online. We are also keen on payment options, maximum withdrawal limits, minimum deposits, and communication options at the site. It doesn't hurt when a site is easy to use, too, as no one has all the time to spend looking for game categories. Bonuses are a real deal-maker too.
You do not need a new PayPal casino to play your favorite games. You just need a casino that will not defraud you of your winnings. If you are looking for an online casino real money PayPal no deposit to start playing at, the ones below are ideal choices. We have vetted them for legitimacy.
- JackpotCity casino: up to $ 1600 CAD. This casino is eCOGRA certified and licensed, and so you can trust it with your money. New players get a welcome package made up of a cash bonus and some free spins to make use of at the slot machines. The freebies have terms attached to them that you can read on the T&Cs page. Data and information shared with the site are encrypted from end to end to keep it safe. This online casino using PayPal is one of the most popular in Canada.
- Jonny Jackpot Casino: up to $ 1000 CAD. At this casino, you not only get a cash bonus that is subjected to 35-times wagering but also free spins to be used on a slot game selected by management. These goodies are spread into the first five deposits and you have ample time to fulfill set requirements. The minimum deposit is $20, after which you can claim your welcome package if you are opening an account with them for the first time.
- Ruby Fortune Casino: up to $ 750 CAD. When you sign up at Ruby, you are awarded up to $750 for enticement. There are wagering requirements that you can read about in the T&Cs before you register. This bonus is tied to a deposit that you can make through PayPal since it is accepted here. The site has over 450 games from some of the world's top game developers who have looked into mobile compatibility to bring all gamers into the fold.
Bonuses and offers
Usually, casinos have bonus offerings for new players through well-structured welcome packages. This strategy has worked since the heydays of the gambling industry, and it is expected to keep working since a little incentive hurts no one. Now, recently, we have been noticing a trend where sites make offers based on chosen payment platforms. You will notice casinos with PayPal deposit options giving bonuses uniquely to those that select this payment option. This encourages more players to get on board and popularize PayPal. You still get other goodies, which then means you are awarded twice. That isn't a bad deal, is it?
Play Online PayPal Casinos for Real Money
Online casinos give you the option to play for real money as well as free but on selected games. For instance, you cannot play for free at the live gaming section since it is reserved for those who place wagers. Whether you want to play for free or to make some money on the side, you can count on an online casino Canada PayPal to make this possible. They have good game selections, the payment methods are stellar, and you get good bonuses.
Mobile Casinos that Accept PayPal
It isn't hard anymore to find a PayPal casino mobile since they are all working with game developers who design games in HTML5. You have access to games that you can play using your mobile smartphone, iPad, tablet, and PC. The interface is the same, and all features you find online on the website are available through mobile access. Now that means your train or bus commutes no longer have to be long and dull when you can make some money online while having fun. What makes it even better is knowing you can transfer money through your phone and start playing immediately.
The Benefits of Using PayPal
There are so many options why you should choose PayPal casinos. Here are some of the reasons why this platform is ideal for all users;
- Secure transactions
- Personal information is encrypted
- You can access the services through your mobile phone
- The company has a global presence
- Deposits are free but you pay a fee for withdrawals
- Casinos may give special bonuses and promotions for PayPal users
As we mentioned earlier, it takes a few minutes to give all the required details when registering an account. If you link it to a bank account, you make it easy to withdraw funds. The main downside of the platform is the fact that it does not operate in some countries.
Avoid PayPal Online Casinos from our Blacklist
We review legit online casino PayPal options to make it easy for you to choose. There are several casinos on our blacklist that have failed to meet terms that we believe to be the bare minimum. For instance, they are not clear on licensing and lack eCOGRA certification. They also have an uninspired game collection that reduces your chances of winning. Since their games are not audited, we cannot vouch for their fairness. Players complain of non-payment or delays that are not resolved until a third party is involved. These casinos are a red flag that you just cannot afford to have on your list. Since we have done the legwork, we advise you choose the options that have been vetted and approved.
FAQs on PayPal Casinos
Is PayPal safe for online transactions? ›
Yes, PayPal is safe. User information is encrypted from end to end, and there are regular updates to keep it up to speed with what's happening in Fintech.
Are there any user fees with PayPal? ›
The platform is free to use when making deposits. However, you are charged a small fee when withdrawing.
How soon after a deposit can I start playing? ›
Once you have made the deposit, your money is available instantly. You can start playing immediately if you wish.
Can I use PayPal on a mobile device? ›
Yes, you can.